This article was written and published by RCA
You don’t have to drink heavily every day for alcohol to have a negative impact on your health. Whether you binge drink or are a regular heavy drinker you are doing serious harm to your body.
Binge drinking or heavy drinking can have an array of negative effects on your body. Here are five excellent reasons to stop drinking today.
- Heart damage– Risk of cardiomyopathy (stretching and drooping of heart muscles), arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat), stroke, and high blood pressure may all be increased by excess drinking.
- Liver damage– The liver plays a big role in processing the alcohol you put in your system. This takes a big toll on it and leads to several complications including, fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, fibrosis, and cirrhosis.
- Pancreatitis– Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can lead to dangerous inflammation and swelling in the blood vessels of the pancreas.
- Cancer– Excess alcohol consumption can increase the risk of several types of cancers including mouth, esophagus, throat, liver, and breast.
- Lowered Immunity– Excess drinking over time or even on a single occasion can lower the body’s immune capabilities, making you more susceptible to illness.
Many think these damages only occur over time and another night of heavy drinking won’t make it worse. However, the truth is that every time you drink too much there are damaging effects on your body. There will never be the right time or the best time other than now. If you put off your decision to stop drinking until tomorrow, you most likely keep putting it off. Therefore, with the passage of time continues the damaging impact of alcohol on your body. Stop drinking today with professional alcohol rehab.